Why and how are we different from other film schools?
We don’t claim to be, we just do things differently!
- Our core strength remains in the fact we offer intensive and hands-on courses and with well equipped facilities - all teamed under one roof.
- State of Art Infrastructure - We are located right in the center of the media industry. Right from conceptualisation to execution, we house all facilities under one roof. Backed with new age equipment and old age experience, Digital Academy -The Film School is a place to be.
- Our courses are well - designed by award winning experts in the field - to turn you into a media professional and not merely a technician.
- Students work on Projects at the end of their course. Depending on the course requirement, our film school makes it possible for students to make their own films, in a realistic professional work environment.
- We use cutting edge technology like- Professional Cameras as - Canon 5D MKII, CanonEOS 600D/ RebelT3i, Canon L-series lenses 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 mm. Canon C-100, Canon C-300, Canon C-500, Panasonic Cameras, Arri Alexa and Arri Amaira, Red Epic and Red Dragon cameras are used. Cinematica camera rig. For editing we use - FCP, Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects. For sound we use Digital Mixing Consoles such as Yamaha DM1000 and DM 2000 along with Digital Audio Workstations that include Avid Protools andSteinberg Nuendo.
- Our student teacher average ratio is 1:15, which is remarkable as it gives you room for interaction with your instructors on a personal level and regular basis.
- Well balanced Practicals and Theory - The art and craft of film making is taught through a balance of classroom instruction, practical sessions and workshops.
- Our faculty are handpicked from the entertainment industry's renowned professionals, many of whom have won national and international awards.
- Assistance to find accommodation –We assist for comfortable and affordable accommodation through estate agent/s.
- Placement assistance Digital Academy brings to the fore the seriousness of placing students with good production houses. We have a long list of students placed at some of the country's best production houses, including Yashraj Films, Mukta Arts, Vidhu Vinod Chopra Productions, Ramgopal Varma Corporation, Zee TV, Star TV, Zee news, Balaji Telefilms, Sony Television, Neo Sports, Star Plus, Star News, Star TV, Prime Focus, Pixion, Shemaroo, Madhur Bhandarkar Productions, MTV, Channel V, B4U, Zoom Television, Rhythm & Hues and more.
- Master classes & Workshops - conducted by professionals and celebrities from the field - Respected industry professionals and celebrities like Govind Nihalani, Mahesh Bhatt, Krishna Shah, B.P.Sing (Guinness book of world records holder), Ashok Mehta, Aruna Raje, Raman Kumar, Uttam Singh, Boman Irani, Ashok Pandit ,Satish Kaushik, Sanjay Gadhvi, Vivek Agnihotri, Anurag Basu, Anurag Kashyap, Vikram Bhatt, Onir, Sharmishta Roy, Reza Mirkarimi (Iranian Director whose film “ So Close So far “ was Iran’s entry to the Oscars in 2001), Jorge Dyzsel (Brazil), have conducted workshops and guest lectures in Digital Academy